I'll take an email that I wrote this afternoon in response to another in which he spoke of how Ireland had gone from being an example of desintervención, strategy, forecasting and liberalization have to be helped by European taxpayers, being rescued. The original post asked how long we'd be socializing social losses if the market was supposed to be is the best mechanism for allocating resources, risks and prices ... :-)
The answer I gave is what I transcribe below. It is a bit disjointed, which is explained by the digestion of food expensive abundant discussion:
Just this morning I read a small article in Public on Ireland, and just now read the twitter of the Ignacio School Meneame fight with another user who defended Ireland's problems become of excessive intervention. I get the impression that the problem is that we have turned the economic debate in a dogmatic debate. We realize that the tenets of economics do not work, and today's ideas are not useful for yesterday morning and hardly even today. One of these dogmas is the time: the liberal dream of a society desintervenida, which is as utopian as the socialist . If we can not overcome this ideological duopoly we astray.
On the other hand, I agree. What Ireland has been an example. I've had my fill for all the 90's hearing about Ireland as an example of planning, or as an example of liberalization and, eventually, over the Mediterranean like Greece that no one expected anything good. I think the key is poor planning, or intervention or the desintervención . The underlying problem been in the financial system. The Irish bet to supplement the City in recent years, playing in international banking. That game, which proved to be a kind of Russian roulette in which the last round was loaded revolver whole is what has made all the feet of the horses. If you think about it, even the market has been the culprit, have been some market players who have dedicated themselves to pack smoke, which was then repackaged by other blurring even more fanciful origin. There have been at least two base error: should never have been allowed to leave the risks securitized balances of banks (public and private decision), and had not allowed the derivation of these titles over and over again (again double-fault) . What came to the market was packed in cellophane shit design.
On the other hand, you have to start pointing fingers the culprits. Not enough to say that the fault of the market or the state. In both institutions there and in front of them who are the decision makers and that, therefore, are those that are wrong. Transparency should not refer only to the process of price formation, but also the production processes of goods and services, as well as regulatory processes, today we have more tools than ever to operate more transparently. Possibly hinder their use is the fear of losing control (both in political and public) and the problems of mismatch of scales (VS multinationals. National governments). In other words, the problem will be, as you said at lunch today ASP, governance.
0 comments:
Post a Comment